Friday, May 1, 2009

Not on a Grecian urn, thankfully

I have found a form of poetry I can appreciate! Enter the haiku, a Japanese structure consisting of a five syllable line, a seven syllable line, and another five syllable line. The following are my adaptions of needlessly long classical poems and a few of my own creations for our times.

Who is this Shakespeare?
Man with time but without wife
And so he remains

Shall I compare thee
Unto a midsummer's day?
Because thou art hot

We are hollow men
And therefore should eat dinner
Deep meanings aside

I find poetry
Resembles waterboarding
Except it is dry

I buy an iPod
Apple tax notwithstanding
It is soon stolen

Existentialism
I ask, "Who am I but me?"
Pointless exercise

Postmodernism claims
That this line has seven syllables
Think not? Go away

Blogging can be fun
But is often obnoxious
I conclude my post

No comments:

Post a Comment